Yuemei’s campus was founded in the September of Taiwan’s fiftieth year. In Taiwan’s fifty seventh year Taiwan’s new national education standards extended to Yuemei, and it was renamed Taidong’s Yuemei Elementary school. During these 47 years Yuemei Elementary has had the eleven following principles:
· Principle Zhong Tenghai，from September 1961 until November 1968, serving for seven years and two months.
· Principle Huang Dehui, from December 1968 until December 1970, serving for two years
· Principle Zhang Zhenjia, from January 1971 until August 1974, serving for four years and seven months
· Principle Liu Zhaoming, from September 1974 until August 1980, serving for six years
· Principle Wu Donglie，from September 1980 until July 1982, serving for one year and ten months
· Principle Chen Yikun, from August 1982 until July 1988, for six years
· Principle Zhang Minghe, from August 1988 until October 1994, for 6 years and two months
· Principle Zhang Zhongyuan, from August 1995 until July 1999, for four years
· Principle Chen Fulong, from August 99 until September 2003, for four years and two months
· Principle Hong Chenjing, from October 2003 until July 2004, for ten months
· Principle HuangYumin, from August 2004 until July 2010, for six years
· Principle Chen Kunhong, from May 2010 until July 2014, for four years
· Principle Ge Shiyu, from August 2012 until present
Every child is a unique individual and has the potential to be a self-motivated learner. Children must cultivate the attitude and skills for independent study and group work. They also must obtain knowledge through active learning experiences. Additionally, children must develop a moral code of conduct in order to have good character.
Yuemei Elementary School aims to provide an education environment of complete encouragement, care, happiness, safety and comfort. By combining both daily life with studies, Yuemei allows to students to appreciate the joy of learning. Through individual experience students are provided a window into the larger world. Every student has the chance to succeed and build a sense of self-confidence and self-assuredness.
Our students’ parents are their foremost teachers and the people who understand their kids the most. Parents are considered close partners to the school, and provide long-term support to the school.
· Health: every child should develop wholly, maintain a healthy body and mind, and the school should be a healthy environment
· Happiness: increase potential development opportunities for students, allowing students to enjoy learning, so that studying contributes to their happiness, and to develop their personal strengths and joys
· The New Generation: Create a rich developmental environment, allowing students to expand their horizons, reads newspapers to learn about the world, studying science and technology through communication with the world
1. Focused Life Education: foster independence, and teach necessary life skills
2. Focused Moral Education: cultivate moral character, to develop upstanding citizens
3. Focused Health Education: through intense physical fitness improve physical and mental health
4. Focused Science Education: to cultivate use of the mind and motor skills, forging an entrepreneurial spirit
5. Focused Counseling: to adapt to individuals’ differences, allowing full development of potential
6. Focused improvement of teaching method for all subjects, implementing appropriate and regularized education
Address：956 Shengfeng Road Section Two Number One, Yuemei, Guanshan, Taitung County
1. Driving Directions
Heading Northwest from Taitung city, take highway nine in the direction of Guanshan. After passing through the railroad crossing tunnel you will arrive to Yuemei Elementary School in 100 kilometers.
2. Arriving by public transportation
Take the DingDong bus towards Guanshan, and get off at Yuemei Elementary School Station.